cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjones_pontotoc
Surveyor

Safari 14 not saving

Our teachers aren't able to save Assignment, etc content on the latest versions of Safari. It looks like it's maybe just Safari 14. They can type in some content, click save, then the content they saved just disappears. After a few tries, the content may appear, but this isn't reliable.

We have disabled cross-site tracking, emptied Safari caches. I've seen this a handful of times. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @jjones_pontotoc -

Since your initial post on October 30, have your teachers had better luck with saving on Safari? If so, what was the issue? If not, what has been done to troubleshoot?

I'm curious -- is Safari on a desktop or a mobile device?

I haven't revisited this. I just asked the teacher to use Google Chrome until something I can get a resolution. It's the desktop browser on a Mac.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

The Safari users may need to make a small adjustment so images and content appear as-designed.

What are the browser and computer requirements for... - Canvas Community 

Note: Safari 13.1 and later versions contain an update that may cause issues with downloading files, displaying images, and playing chat alerts in Canvas. Canvas engineers are currently working on a solution for this issue. Until then, you may avoid errors with files, images, and alerts by disabling cross-site tracking prevention in Safari when using Canvas. If disabling cross-site tracking doesn't resolve these issues, please try one of the other supported browsers.