Sandbox Instance

Jump to solution
rraman1
Community Member

Hi Canvas, 

I have seen many posts about a Canvas Sandbox Instance that is free but I am unable to locate a guide on how to get started with one. I see many people have a dummy canvas sandbox instance and is able to add users. I currently do not have a school canvas account and heard the sandbox instance is completely free. Please let me know!

Thank You,

Raghav

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rraman1 

Instructure Canvas does not offer a free sandbox with admin privileges. Anyone who is interested in exploring Canvas for possible purchase can use the Get a Demo link on the Instructure home page to inquire further:  https://www.instructure.com/

Alternatively, users can use Canvas's open source code to create and manage their own hosted instance, starting here: Canvas Dev & Friends - Instructure Tech Blog 

View solution in original post

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rraman1 The link provided gives all the information you will need to get started with a self hosted instance. Please refer to the direct message conversation you and I have conducted for additional information about your multiple requests for a demo instance; as mentioned above, free trials are not available.

View solution in original post