cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crogers
Community Member

Save template in the theme editor

Jump to solution

I've used the theme editor to customize the Minimalist Theme on my account. I can apply the changes, but I don't see a way to save them as a new template. Am I missing it?
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using the open source version of Canvas.

Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @crogers ...

After checking with erinhallmark​, it doesn't sound like custom themes can be saved as a template for use at a later time.  Erin pointed me to this, now archived, Feature Idea that you can read about here: .  You can certainly continue to add your comments to that thread as to why this feature would be important to you.  Hope this helps, Chelsey!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @crogers ...

After checking with erinhallmark​, it doesn't sound like custom themes can be saved as a template for use at a later time.  Erin pointed me to this, now archived, Feature Idea that you can read about here: .  You can certainly continue to add your comments to that thread as to why this feature would be important to you.  Hope this helps, Chelsey!

View solution in original post

rkirkland
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Chelsey ,

I know it can be helpful to save your color codes and image links, so I created a spreadsheet which has spaces for each of the customizable elements in the Theme Editor. It doesn't auto-fill, but you can copy and paste your color codes into it, so that they'll be available for future reference/use. I hope this helps!