cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkurzynski
Not applicable

Saving a session in DocViewer

Jump to solution

How do I save an editing session using the DocViewer? I see there's a 60 minute time limit and I will be notified that the time is almost up, but how do I save the notes I've added during that time? And can I extend the session beyond 60 minutes?  

From the guide: "When you open a submission, DocViewer will automatically save any annotations made to the submission file for one hour. You can restart a DocViewer session at any time by refreshing the submission page. To help you avoid losing work, Canvas will generate a session expiration warning after 60 minutes." 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@kkurzynski , any annotations you make during the initial 60 minutes are saved automatically, and you don't need to undertake any additional actions to save them. As you approach the session expiration time, refreshing the page will restart the clock, so to speak, giving you an additional 60 minutes. At that point, previous annotations will have been autosaved and subsequent annotations will also autosave, for 60 more minutes, ad infinitum.

The caution in the lesson about losing work is to let you know that if you ignore the warning, and fail to refresh the page, any annotations you make after the 60 minutes have expired might be lost.

If you're experiencing behavior that doesn't conform with this description--if you're finding that the annotations you make during the initial 60 minutes are not autosaved--please submit a support ticket, using the instructions in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@kkurzynski , any annotations you make during the initial 60 minutes are saved automatically, and you don't need to undertake any additional actions to save them. As you approach the session expiration time, refreshing the page will restart the clock, so to speak, giving you an additional 60 minutes. At that point, previous annotations will have been autosaved and subsequent annotations will also autosave, for 60 more minutes, ad infinitum.

The caution in the lesson about losing work is to let you know that if you ignore the warning, and fail to refresh the page, any annotations you make after the 60 minutes have expired might be lost.

If you're experiencing behavior that doesn't conform with this description--if you're finding that the annotations you make during the initial 60 minutes are not autosaved--please submit a support ticket, using the instructions in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

View solution in original post