cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Says Unauthorized where the slideshow should be, then says verification failed.

Jump to solution

Hi I am a new beginner student on Canvas using the student version for my school. So I go into my modules where my teacher posts the slideshow, and it asks me to authorize the slideshow. It opens up a new window, I then click authorize and I accept and agree to the policy's, but then when I hit agree the authorize window closes and the slideshow does not pop up and if says verification failed. I have tried signing out and back in my google account but that does not change anything.

-3143957@ccpsnet.net

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @3143957  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It almost sounds like the slideshow you are trying to view is being hosted on some kind of 3rd-party website which may or may not be integrated into your school's Canvas environment.  I'm not aware of anything within the current Canvas interface that would require additional authorization and/or verification to view slideshows.  Have you reached out to your instructor to see if he/she might be able to assist you?  The majority of members here in the Community may not be able to help troubleshoot this too much because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment.  So, it seems that contacting your instructor is maybe the best route at this time.  Here's a Guide for you on how to do this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328  I hope this will be helpful to you, Jack!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Community Member

I am a beginner on Canvas as a student.

-Jack Boyles 3143957@ccpsnet.net

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @3143957  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It almost sounds like the slideshow you are trying to view is being hosted on some kind of 3rd-party website which may or may not be integrated into your school's Canvas environment.  I'm not aware of anything within the current Canvas interface that would require additional authorization and/or verification to view slideshows.  Have you reached out to your instructor to see if he/she might be able to assist you?  The majority of members here in the Community may not be able to help troubleshoot this too much because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment.  So, it seems that contacting your instructor is maybe the best route at this time.  Here's a Guide for you on how to do this: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10554-4212710328  I hope this will be helpful to you, Jack!

View solution in original post

Community Member

I will ask my Technology expert at my school. Thank you so much! 

Community Member

Hey, Jack!  I hope you got it figured out.  This is probably and issue from your teacher; he/she needs to imbed the presentation, if possible.  I hope it gets figured out for you!

Community Member

Jennifer Carpenter, 

My technology expert at my school helped me this morning and the problem was the cookies were blocked on canvas. 

Thank you! 

-Jack Boyles 

-3143957@ccpsnet.net 

Community Member

That's awesome!