cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennifer_k_hall
Community Member

Scorm Pop Out?

Hello! Is there a way to link to the scorm package on a content page so that it is a pop out page and the original page remains open? Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @jennifer_k_hall ‌ -

A SCORM import in Canvas using the SCORM side menu is only going to get added as an assignment, quiz, or discussion, as indicated on the documentation here:  How do I import SCORM files as an assignment?   The bottom line is, at the very least it will be on the Assignments page.  While importing it, you could make it an ungraded assignment (as that documentation indicates).  Once you have done that, you can then go into the Assignment, click the EDIT button, and down in the Submission Type area, where the drop menu shows External Tool, enable the checkbox shown on the screen capture below to have it open in a separate browser tab:

218643_external tool.jpg

I realize, however, that this does not directly answer your question about embedding it on a content page, as you specifically asked.  So, assuming you can live with the SCORM content also appearing on the Assignment page, you can then create a content page and LINK to that specific assignment as you can throughout Canvas:  How do I link to other Canvas pages in a course? and point the link to the specific assignment.  Unfortunately, this will not open that link in a separate tab by default, you will have to modify that yourself in the HTML view.   It's an easy enough fix, however.  Just go into the HTML editor, and add this, including the quotation marks just before the bracket that closes the URL itself:  "target="_blank" .  See the screen capture below for an example of this:

218644_embedded scorm in content.jpg

Would that help you at all?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jennifer_k_hall ‌...

We haven't heard from you since you first posted this question on February 28th and also received a response from  @kblack ‌.  Have you had a chance to review the response from Ken?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  If it did, please go ahead and mark his response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help from members of the Canvas Community, please post a message below letting us know how we can continue to help you with your initial question.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any activity in this particular discussion topic for over a month, but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Jennifer!