cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanderson1
Community Member

Screen recorder not opening

I got a new laptop and attempted to download screen recorder as before. It downloads but when I try to hit record screen it just tells me to download again. I've cleared the browser history. Checked security settings (it's not even an option to allow access to screen recording there). Deleted and reinstalled. Nothing has worked. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @amanderson1 ...

Sorry to see that your question has been out here for several months without a response.  I assume that you are asking about the screen recorder within Canvas Studio.  If so, I have also experienced similar behavior many times.  Even though I often see a prompt to re-download the screen recording software, I just let my screen sit for 10-15 seconds (give or take), and I usually see the dotted lines which defines the area on my screen that I want to record.  So, you might just need to wait a little bit longer while the software loads on your screen.

Hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.