Screenshots in Discussions?

Jump to solution
dombroskim
Community Participant

Can students post a screenshot in Discussion mode?  I want my students to go to Google Mars and look for evidence that water may have once flowed over the surface.  I'd love it if they could take screenshots of their satellite images and post them with an explanation in Discussion mode.  I know that adding images in Canvas can be cumbersome, so I didn't know from the student view, what they can and can't do.

2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @dombroskim ‌, yes students get the rich content editor like you see when replying to a discussion so they can edit and add images.  

You may find it helpful to use the "Student View" located on the right side of the homepage of your course.  Clicking this puts you in a test student mode and you can then interact with your course as if you were a student. Almost everything is identical to a student and you can practice the full experience of your course.  The only pieces that don't work are areas where you need an actual account for something such as Google or Turnitin.  Since it is a fake student, they will not have a real account for those items.  Just make sure to leave student view when you are done (has a purple box around the screen to show you that you are in that view) or you will wonder why you lost your teacher access.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni