cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

See who clicked on things

In my old LMS, I was able to both see what my student had clicked on in "content" as well as view the particular "content" item and see who had clicked it on it, how many times it had been viewed as well as time durations.  This is CRITICAL in freshman courses to be sure that these students are really grasping they have to utilize these resources/files/etc..  This is also huge in online courses as well as working with academic integrity issues.  I've looked and cannot seem to find anything like this in Canvas and it is beyond me how a product that is marketed to higher education doesn't have this feature that I've used in three other LMS systems since 2001.  If I'm just blind and missing this feature in my course/on my items/etc.. please someone, I beg you, point them out to me!  THANK YOU!

46 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer III

It sounds like what you want are the access reports: How do I view the course access report for an individual student? | Canvas Instructor Guide | Canvas...

I don't know of any way to check a specific activity for all students, but that guide will show you how you can access the report for all activities per student.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

So short story, in my personal opinion this is one area that Canvas is lacking. Check out this guide and see if it helps - How do I view the course access report for an individual student? - it's the main place on the front end of Canvas to get this type of information. Then check out the following document for an additional resource - Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course

Highlighted

michelle@ou.edu, listen to ​kona@richland.edu, she's the smart one. ;)​

Thanks for the document, I'll keep it bookmarked in case anyone asks me how to do a full course report. ^^'

Highlighted

Thanks Chris.

We definitely want to make sure and connect to the new guides whenever possible!

Highlighted

I never knew that it changed and Google still brings up the old one. I'll bookmark the new index. ^^'

Highlighted

LOL... Looks like we linked to the same initial guide so you're doing pretty good yourself! And for the second resource, it's one I have bookmarked and use in my own course!

Highlighted

Well, other than the fact that I linked to the old guide site, yeah, it was the same. Lesson learned! xD

Highlighted

Have you tried searching the new guides? I actually have them bookmarked as well and it seems to work pretty good - Canvas Guides

Highlighted

Nope, just learned they existed, but I know where to go now. Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels