cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Explorer III

Select Multiple Files

Jump to solution

I just wanted to alert Instructure that there's an error in this document: How do I move and organize my files as an instructor? | Canvas Instructor Guide | Canvas Guides  (Assuming it's the latest. It includes the latest directory structure.)

In fact, to select multiple files, you click to the right of the file name, not the icon as indicated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rgibson1​...

Instead of using the old Guides website (which is still updated, by the way), what you'd want to do is navigate to this Guide here in the Canvas Community: How do I move and organize my files as an instructor?.  At the bottom of the Guide, you can post any questions or comments if you find errors, etc.  That way, the Canvas Docs team can respond to you and make the correction.  I would recommend using the Guides here in the Community...but that's just me.

Hope this helps, Rob.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rgibson1​...

Instead of using the old Guides website (which is still updated, by the way), what you'd want to do is navigate to this Guide here in the Canvas Community: How do I move and organize my files as an instructor?.  At the bottom of the Guide, you can post any questions or comments if you find errors, etc.  That way, the Canvas Docs team can respond to you and make the correction.  I would recommend using the Guides here in the Community...but that's just me.

Hope this helps, Rob.

View solution in original post

Added.Secondarily, I'm curious why those 'old' guides are still out and about. Why doesn't Instructure redirect them to Community? That's what the faculty find when they search for answers.

Mainly because of embedding in Canvas course pages, rgibson1​.  It's not as easy to embed the Guides located here in the Community site as it is on the old Guides site...thus, I think, one of the main reasons for keeping the old site active.