cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Selective Email and no Push notifications!

Jump to solution

Hello! 

I would really appreciate if you could help me figure out why I only receive selective email notifications regarding my courses and no push notifications on my canvas app on my phone. 

By selective email notifications - I mean that I only receive notifications for "announcements" made by only one course instructor out of my two courses. 

I do have ALL my necessary email notifications and push notifications turned ON in my app (attached below). Also, I do have my notifications for the app turned on in my settings app. I do have my email address in my canvas profile set up.

Do you have any recommendations to help resolve this issue? 

Thank you!

Kind regards, 

Palak

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

At this point, I would recommend that you speak with your Canvas admin at your institution or contact Canvas directly by submitting a ticket to the Service Cloud or by calling Canvas Standard Support if you have access to that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

I am sorry you are having trouble.  Thanks for providing the screenshots.  When you have a chance, can you please check your notification settings on Canvas using a browser on a computer?  From your post above, it sounds like you are a student, but just to make sure you have all the info you need, I am posting for both a student and instructor.

How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26294-how-do-i-set-my-canvas-notification-preferences-as-an... 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasNotifications.pdf 

352708_pastedImage_1.png

Please let us know if this works for you after you check your notifications using Canvas with a browser.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Member

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your advice but I have crosschecked all my notification preferences and they were set to the check-mark indicating immediate notifications from the beginning of my semester yet I still faced selective email notifications and no push notifications on my IOS phone. 

Any other advice you can recommend? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Hmmm...

Can you please confirm that you have notifications turned on the device itself?

I imagine that you do but I just want to make sure.

Rebecca Penina Simon

Director of Educational Technology

Magen David Yeshivah– Joe & Celia Esses High School

7801 Bay Parkway

Brooklyn, NY 11214

718-331-4002

rpsimon@mdyhs.net

magendavidyeshivah.org

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse typos.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have notifications turned on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

At this point, I would recommend that you speak with your Canvas admin at your institution or contact Canvas directly by submitting a ticket to the Service Cloud or by calling Canvas Standard Support if you have access to that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels