cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Sending Messages to Multiple People?

Jump to solution

How do I send a message to multiple people in my class (groups, entire class, etc.) without having to add them individually on to the "To" section of the recipients?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi spencergjackman@gmail.com...

The Student Guide for that is here: How do I send a message to all course users in Conversations as a student?.  However, please note the information in the blue box at the top of that Guide.  It may be that your school has some permissions enabled that would prevent from doing this.  If this was the case, you'd want to reach out to a local Canvas administrator at your school to see if they would be willing to re-consider allowing students to select everyone in conversations.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Here is the instructor guide for sending messages to all users in a course.  It may not be available to you based on the settings at your institution. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12740-4152719683 

Highlighted

What if I am looking for that same feature, but as a student?

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 5:15 PM debra.mansperger@mesacc.edu <

Highlighted

Hi spencergjackman@gmail.com...

The Student Guide for that is here: How do I send a message to all course users in Conversations as a student?.  However, please note the information in the blue box at the top of that Guide.  It may be that your school has some permissions enabled that would prevent from doing this.  If this was the case, you'd want to reach out to a local Canvas administrator at your school to see if they would be willing to re-consider allowing students to select everyone in conversations.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Awesome! Thank you so much!

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 7:07 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <