Separate Gradebooks in Canvas???

marvin_patton
Community Member

Hello, Everyone:

I am planning to transition way from using a certain publisher's online content platform for my Human Development course.  In fact, I want to go OER in the near future--but it's hard to jump in "cold turkey".  I need to develop and curate a lot of content--and meanwhile, I'm still fairly dependent on publisher's content.

I have a student who has difficulty accessing and using the publisher's platform.  I am trying to figure out whether it's possible for me to offer her sort of an "alternate pathway" through the course, where she submits a set of assignments independent of the publisher's platform content (while the other students continue to submit the publisher's activities).

One problem:  Currently, I have the publisher's activities weighted as 30% toward the final grade in the Canvas Gradebook.

Does anyone know:  Is it possible for me to set up a separate Canvas Gradebook--or at least a separate weighted assignment category--for the one student, so that she can be graded for her alternate activities and exempted from the publisher's content?

If I can figure this out, it my facilitate my eventual transition away from the publisher content and fully itno OER.  Any ideas out there?

0 Likes