cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhalsey
Community Member

Setting a Date on a Content (Wiki) Page

Jump to solution

Is there any way to set a date on a content page so that it will appear on my calendar and syllabus?

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mhalsey ​, you can create an event on the Calendar and provide a link to the content page in the event description. Clicking on More Options at the bottom of the event creator window reveals the full Rich Content Editor along with the Insert Content panel at the right side of the screen, and you can choose your content page from there. This lesson in the Canvas Guides goes into greater detail about the process of creating events: How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar?

There's also a feature idea currently under consideration that would add "lock until" dates to content pages; you might want to add a description of your use case in the comments there. Here's the link:

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mhalsey ​...

To my knowledge, this is not possible.  Dates are usually set for assignments and events.  If you wanted to see this added to the Canvas interface, you could submit a Feature Idea here: Canvas Feature Ideas.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify your subject line of your question.  Since you've stated the same question in the body of your message, it isn't necessary to also state it in the subject line.  I will also tag your message with keywords.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your posting should they have similar questions here in the Canvas Community.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can work to make any necessary corrections.  I hope this is okay with you.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mhalsey ​, you can create an event on the Calendar and provide a link to the content page in the event description. Clicking on More Options at the bottom of the event creator window reveals the full Rich Content Editor along with the Insert Content panel at the right side of the screen, and you can choose your content page from there. This lesson in the Canvas Guides goes into greater detail about the process of creating events: How do I edit an event or assignment in the Calendar?

There's also a feature idea currently under consideration that would add "lock until" dates to content pages; you might want to add a description of your use case in the comments there. Here's the link:

View solution in original post