Setting points for a new quiz

Jump to solution
RickAdcock
Community Member

when I create a quiz (either new or classic) it asks for the total number of points in the initial settings.  By default that is set at zero.

As I add questions the number of points available goes up.  If I then save the quiz i can attempt in student view and get a score and %  However, the points of out in the grade book is still zero so no grades are posted.

I have to manually go into the settings and reset the total points.  If anyone has attempted the quiz i must then manually grade them.

Should the points total change as I add questions, and if so what am i doing to stop that from happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Rick,

If you are using classic quizzes (you said either), if you create a quiz and then go back and add questions, the total points possible for the quiz will automatically update.  However, you won't see that total points possible in the gradebook until you publish the quiz at which point you will.  After you publish a quiz, if someone takes it and then you want to add questions, you will need to manually grade them for the user I do believer.

View solution in original post