Jump to solution
Surgtech808
Community Member

Example:

Test 25% of grade

Assignments 50% of grade

Discussions  25 % 

Second Question:

Where do I set up points  or  if I just want it to instructions worth  ( 0 ) ZERO POINTS 

Im finding in my grade book the instruction pages are wanting to make it worth points and my grade book is sloppy and bogged down with items that don't need points attached to it.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Surgtech808 ...

I can help answer the first part of your question.  It sounds like you want to weight your assignments by category.  To do this, you'll want to create assignment groups in your "Assignments" index page.  So, for example, you'll have an assignment group for "Tests", another for "Assignments", and a final assignment group for "Discussions".  Learn how to create assignment groups in this Guide: How do I add an assignment group in a course? - Canvas Community.  You may need to then move existing assignments into those assignment groups after you create those additional assignment groups: How do I move or reorder an assignment? - Canvas Community.  Once you have all your assignments in their appropriate assignment groups, then you can do the weighting of those assignment groups: How do I weight the final course grade based on as... - Canvas Community.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

gnoack
Community Champion

Hi Surgtech808,

To create assignments that aren't listed in the grade book you want to choose "Not Graded" as the assignment type.  

What assignment types can I create in a course?

If it's just instructions you want students to read, you can also assign a due date to any page you create in Canvas.  Check the "Add to students to-do list" at the bottom of the page when editing. 

How do I create a new page in a course?

View solution in original post