cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Sharing Department Content to Commons

Jump to solution

Does anyone have tips on sharing content within a department? My teachers would like to use Canvas Commons and share at the department level. My courses are placed in subaccounts from our SIS to Canvas. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

dwoodard@tcsd.org​, we just started Commons on my campus, as well.  It may depend on your installation, but our sub-accounts are typically based on the department that the COURSE has been situated within.  Therefore, faculty have access to any departmental sharing for which they have taught a course.  By default, they should be able to login to Commons and specify the sub-account (department) with which to share the material.  I hope that makes a bit of sense.  Have you checked over some of the material Instructure has on Commons?  The page that may most directly address your question is this one:  What information do I need to share a resource to Commons? .  But the entire Commons guide listing by topic is quite helpful, available here: Commons Guide .

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

dwoodard@tcsd.org​, we just started Commons on my campus, as well.  It may depend on your installation, but our sub-accounts are typically based on the department that the COURSE has been situated within.  Therefore, faculty have access to any departmental sharing for which they have taught a course.  By default, they should be able to login to Commons and specify the sub-account (department) with which to share the material.  I hope that makes a bit of sense.  Have you checked over some of the material Instructure has on Commons?  The page that may most directly address your question is this one:  What information do I need to share a resource to Commons? .  But the entire Commons guide listing by topic is quite helpful, available here: Commons Guide .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

dwoodard@tcsd.org​,

Did the answer provided by kblack@dom.edu​ help to answer your questions?

Robbie

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels