Sharing .docx on BBB

Jump to solution
s_k_benson
Community Novice

I would like to upload a .docx to BigBlueButton, so my students can download it and work in small groups on the project- but at the moment I can only upload .pdf 

I looked in the shared notes but can't see any place there to upload, nor is there a function that I can see on the chat- am I missing something? It seems impossible to conceive that there isn't a way to upload and share .docx with conference participants- and if there isn't this is a HUGE oversight- can we fix it soon??

Thanks! 

1 Solution
ffdixon
Partner
Partner

Hi Sarah,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton. While I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

> I would like to upload a .docx to BigBlueButton, so my students can download it and work in small groups on the project- but at the moment I can only upload .pdf 

You should be able to upload any office document.  What happens when you try to upload the .docx file and enable it for download?

352222_pastedImage_1.png

Regards,... Fred

View solution in original post