cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer

Sharing files across courses

Jump to solution

I found a similar question about this but not specific to what this user wants to do.

The instructor is teaching several sections of a course. She would like a master course to store the files then share parts of these files in the other sections. These courses and sections already exist in the system.
How can she use the master course to manage her files and share them in these existing sections?

Thanks so much.

Leona

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​,

There are a couple options that could work.  Have you looked at the cross listing option:

How do I cross-list a section in a course?

Also, do you know if you have access to Canvas Commons​?

What is Canvas Commons?

Robbie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​,

There are a couple options that could work.  Have you looked at the cross listing option:

How do I cross-list a section in a course?

Also, do you know if you have access to Canvas Commons​?

What is Canvas Commons?

Robbie

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you both for the great answers.
Your prompt help is greatly appreciated.

Have a great new year and thank you both again.

Leona Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lbarratt1@unl.edu​, to add to what Robbie provided, here is the guide that shows how to import content from one course (ex: master course) to another course (ex: existing sections) - How do I import content from another Canvas course?

My husband and I use this type of set-up to share course content with each other (we teach the same course, just different sections). We have a master course where we add quizzes, course content, files, etc and then when we want to add the content to our specific course sections we just copy it over (using the directions on the guide I provided). It seems to work pretty good and I like it because the Master course is organized into Modules the way our regular course sections are so it's easy to find and copy things.