Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sharing issue in ARC

Jump to solution

I have an Instructor (Instructor A) who recorded a training using ARC and would like to share the video with another Instructor (Instructor B). When we - I was helping Instructor A - went to share, Instructor B would not show up as a share option. Many other instructors were showing up as share options but not the one we needed. 

I did some reading on this and found that the user needs to visit their ARC area to confirm their account. I did this for Instructor B (masquerade); still no luck. I went back in as Instructor A and noticed that several other instructors were not showing up as share options as well. 

I then masquerade as another instructor that was not showing up as a share option. I visited their ARC area to confirm it and then went back in as Instructor A. This Instructor showed up as a share option.  

Still no option to share with Instructor B. 

In the meantime, I had done 2 Canvas support chats. 

I then went into my ARC account and shared a video with Instructor B. (She shows up as a share option for me - I'm an admin). I then masquerade as Instructor B and viewed the video I had shared hoping this would do something. I returned to Instructor A (masquerade). Still, no luck finding Instructor B as a share option. 

Lastly, I masquerade as Instructor B, added a video to their ARC account and attempted to share that video with Instructor A. Instructor A does not show up as a share option for Instructor B. 

Other things:

• Both Instructors are in the same root account.
  • Both Instructors are enrolled in active Canvas courses as Instructors. 

I'm stumped on this. Any ideas would be great!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It's working now. Instructor A is able to share with Instructor B and vice versa. 

The solution was to have both users view an ARC video that was embedded in a course that both Instructors were enrolled in. I used a training course that we have here. 

It's strange because I know that Instructor A could share with Instructors who a) weren't enrolled in a course with Instructor A and b) hadn't previously used ARC, let alone viewed an ARC video. 

Something to remember going forward!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.edu, this is super strange and it sounds like you’ve checked and verified everything you could. Was Canvas Support not able to help? I’ve never had this issue so I’m interested to know what’s causing this. 

Kona

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

They're going to escalate the case, so hopefully something comes from that. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Please let us know what they find out! My faculty are using Arc more and more and starting to share video as well, so it is important to know if something might be causing problems (and how to avoid these problems!). 

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Will do! Hopefully, a solution is found sooner than later. 

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It's working now. Instructor A is able to share with Instructor B and vice versa. 

The solution was to have both users view an ARC video that was embedded in a course that both Instructors were enrolled in. I used a training course that we have here. 

It's strange because I know that Instructor A could share with Instructors who a) weren't enrolled in a course with Instructor A and b) hadn't previously used ARC, let alone viewed an ARC video. 

Something to remember going forward!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks Kevin! This helps a lot!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels