cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Sharing to the Commons

I am trying to share a homepage template course with my fellow teachers at school. Every time I go to share, it says that it is not available to share. I made sure everything was published. What am I doing wrong?

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

This is what it shows236607_canvas commons share.JPG

Highlighted

katie.kite@maryville-schools.org, I just tried and Commons seems to be working ok for me. Yet, I heard of others who were having problems getting things to work earlier this morning. My recommendation is to try again and if it's still not working then to report this to Canvas Support (Help link in Canvas --> Report a Problem).

Highlighted

I am getting this exact same error. It is driving me mad!

Highlighted

lmedsker1@ivytech.edu and katie.kite@maryville-schools.org, please report this to Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) and if you have a moment, come back to this discussion to post the case number. That way, others who encounter the same problem will be able to reference your cases, and Canvas Support will have more evidence to help them resolve the issue.

And lmedsker1@ivytech.edu Welcome ‌ and katie.kite@maryville-schools.org Welcome ‌to the Canvas Community!

Highlighted

We don't have access to the Report the Problem link. I have to get this course posted as soon as possible and there is no feedback provided on why the course is being rejected. I have validated all course links and checked to see that everything is published. I don't understand why it won't share. 

Highlighted

lmedsker1@ivytech.edu, Do you have a Canvas Admin on your campus or that's available? If so, then you should be able to report this to them. If not, you can also email support directly at support@instructure.com. Just make sure to provide the direct URL of the course you are trying to share to Commons and as much information you can about the issue.

Highlighted

lmedsker1@ivytech.edu‌, the members of this Community aren't going to be able to troubleshoot this at a distance; a member of Canvas Support will need to look at your account to figure out what's going wrong. I checked your school's website, and found some support numbers for you to use: IVY TECH Help Center  and I found this page where you can enter a ticket to your school's help desk: https://helpdesk.ivytech.edu/SelfService/Create.html You can also send an email to support@instructure.com .

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, katie.kite@maryville-schools.org‌...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic since the end of May, and so I wanted to check in with you.  Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?  In reading through the above responses, it seems like lmedsker1@ivytech.edu‌ also had a similar issue (LeAnn, were you able to find a solution?).  As kona@richland.edu‌ and stefaniesanders‌ have suggested, I think the best thing to do would be to reach out to the Help Desk folks at Instructure using the e-mail address they've provided.  If you've done that already and have received a response from them, would you be able to share with us the outcome of that conversation?  For now, since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite a while, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you, Katie.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Highlighted

Hello Chris and everyone else! I was able to get the issue resolved but it had to be done through the IT department at my college. There were a few people all experiencing the same glitch and they were somehow able to fix it for me. I am not sure what the fix was.