Show feedback on essay questions after quiz is graded

karin_molander_
Community Participant

Hi, I have used the new quiz essay questions in recent exams, read the essays in speedgrader,  and given feedback in the little textbox below each response, that is, not in the comment box in the right hand margin.  Before posting the quiz, I set the settings to Restrict student result view, and unchecked all boxes. This was probably a bad move, since my students now, after I have graded the quiz and posted the results, are not able to see either what they wrote or what I wrote in the feedback box. Can I change the settings now, ( and which box should I check in that case?) or will that ruin something?  I saw an answer to another question asking how to change something retrospectively that strongly advised against it, so I dare not just try. 

I must say I am finding these New Quiz settings unnecessary complicated. I need to make changes in three places; Edit, Settings and Grade book, and some, like time allowed, and date and time availability, and of course the current problem: what to show in terms of questions and grades, and when,are kind of crucial to get right. I spent hours on these setttings (five different exams, two to four different quizzes in each exam) and still didn't manage.  So, is there a way to fix the problem above, now, after the fact? Thanks!

Karin

0 Likes