cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Showing students the average grade

Jump to solution

Is there a way to display the average grade on a quiz/assignments to the students?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Learner II

Nathan,

If you go to course settings and click on "more options," there is a choice to hide grade distribution from students. This may be checked by default. If you uncheck it, they should be able to see how the rest of the class did and I think how they placed among them.

grades.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user,

For Quizzes, when you select the Allow multiple attempts option you now have the choice to choose "Average".  This feature is not currently available for Assignments.

What options are available for Quizzes?

Robbie

Robbie,

Thanks for getting back to me. I may not have been clear but I would like

to show the class average on the quiz. Are we on the same page?

Nathan

On Thursday, May 28, 2015, Robbie Grant Admin <instructure@jiveon.com>

Learner II

Nathan,

If you go to course settings and click on "more options," there is a choice to hide grade distribution from students. This may be checked by default. If you uncheck it, they should be able to see how the rest of the class did and I think how they placed among them.

grades.jpg

View solution in original post

And as long as you don't have that box checked, on the student end for students to view it see the following guide - How do I view my Grades? - what you're looking for specifically is the part on "View Scoring Details" (it's towards the bottom of the guide).