Shuffling with Multiple Question Banks

Jump to solution
MagistraF
Community Member

I would like to be able to randomly generate quizzes that draw from 2 different question banks BUT while mixing those 2 banks of questions together. Everything I've tried so far will only allow me to create 2 groups, but then the randomly selected questions from set 1 (say, active verbs) show up first and then the randomly selected questions from set 2 (passive verbs) show up next. I'd really like to be able to mix those 2 categories together, otherwise the students are going to catch on quickly and that would defeat the purpose of the assessment!

Combining all the questions into the same question bank won't work because I'd like to have each student have an even distribution of active & passive verbs. If they're all in the same group, one student could randomly end up with all active verbs while another student would end up with mostly passive but a few active, etc.

I hope I'm making my question clear!

0 Likes
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

I don't believe there is a way to do what you are asking without mixing the two types of questions into one test bank. 

The only solution I can think of is to divide your question banks up into more than two and pull from each bank.  You could also mix in a few questions not from a bank to break things up. 

View solution in original post