Small Screen-Please Make it Bigger!

Jump to solution
cseaman2
Community Novice

My entire screen is so small! How do I increase the size of fonts and diagrams?

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @cseaman2 ...

A quick way to make things look smaller or bigger in your web browser is to use the keyboard combinations Ctrl- or Ctrl+.  These will decrease or increase (respectively) your zoom level in Canvas...changing it from the default 100% to whatever percent you want.

Would this work for your needs, Cindy?  Hope to hear back from you soon!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

James
Community Champion

@cseaman2  

Here are some things to try:

Try resetting the zoom on your browser. Usually this is done by holding down the Ctrl (Cmd on a Mac) key and then pressing the 0 (zero) key. If that isn't big enough, then you can also zoom in and make things larger by holding down Ctrl and pressing the + key. Zoom out (making things smaller) is Ctrl -

Change the base font in your browser. In Chrome, go to the options, choose Settings, and then Appearance. There is a "Font Size" row that should say "Medium (Recommended)." If it says Small, Very Small, or Custom, switch to Medium. I would recommend even going with Medium if you have Large or Very Large selected as Canvas will work better all-around. This won't fix diagrams, only text.

Note that some diagrams are not designed to be readable. I was messing with a graph from a math class the other day and the font was about so small that I could barely read it. The site is hosted by a third party so there wasn't much I could do. It was a graphic so setting the default font size wouldn't help. However, the browser's zoom made it big enough to read.

View solution in original post