cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Sort quizzes alphabetically?

Jump to solution

On the quiz page, my quizzes seem to be in a weird order—I don't know if it's by date or what, but I'd like to change it so that things are more organized and easier to find.

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 11.20.21 AM.png

This annoys me so! Is there a way to alphabetize?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us​,

The quizzes are arranged by Due Date.  The only way to organize them alphabetically would be to put them on a Page or in a Module.

Robbie

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

cwendt@plymouth.k12.in.us​,

The quizzes are arranged by Due Date.  The only way to organize them alphabetically would be to put them on a Page or in a Module.

Robbie

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hmmm . . . I wonder if this bothers others. I'd put it in as an idea, but don't want to if I am among the few interested in it. I didn't see any related questions, either, when I did a search. Guess we'll see!

Thank you!

Highlighted
Lamplighter II

Assignment quizzes will display in the assignment list where you can order things however you wish. Just keep in mind the assignment page displays differently in student view.

I generally tell faculty to hide the quiz tab in the course navigation unless they are using practice quizzes or ungraded surveys. If you are using practice quizzes and ungraded surveys, then you may also want to use modules where you can arrange your content by what ever structure you want. Practice quizzes and ungraded surveys only display on the quiz index page unless you have linked them somewhere else in the course. See this feature idea for more details, " modifiedtitle="true" title="Put everything with a deadline into the to-do list

How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?

How do I use the Assignments Index Page?

What are Modules for instructors?

What is Student View?

Highlighted

I do have the quizzes tab hidden in the navigation area. I want to be able to order the quizzes for my *own* benefit, not for the students. Maybe going at it from the assignments tab, as you mentioned, might be a better deal. Thank you!

Highlighted

I realize this question/answer is over a year old, but curious: if no quiz in a course uses a due date then what does the quizzes page use to organize/list the quizzes?

Highlighted

tiffany.morgan@iptv.org‌, I have a sandbox course I use to demonstrate quizzes, and none of the quizzes have due dates associated with them, so I had a look at that. On the Quizzes tab, the quizzes are listed in alphabetical order.

Highlighted

Thanks Stephanie that is very helpful

Tiffany

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:05 PM, stefanievsanders@gmail.com <

Highlighted
Community Member

I, too, would love to alphabetize my quizzes.   I have them all named by unit  (Q03-3-1  etc... along with their additional name...)

But the listing gets all jacked up if I ever skip a quiz (due to time) or give an extension of a quiz such that it ends up being after a previous one..

Choosing to sort by other than a due date sounds as if it would be fairly trivial to implement.  (You could then toss in sorting by expiration or availability dates as well..   Or even sorting so that published quizzes are listed before unpublished ones...)

Seems like sorting is the type of thing a computer should be good at...