cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barberb
Not applicable

Sorting API Data

How do I sort the data from an API course call?

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Due to the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers group in the Community. They are the ones that work with this side of Canvas and should hopefully be able to help! In addition, you might consider joining the Developers group and checking out some of their other resources/information!

RobDitto
Community Champion

With a few exceptions, the Canvas APIs don't offer sorting parameters. If you're writing code to work with Canvas API responses, then you can assign or marshal part of the response to a sortable data structure in your preferred language. Google "<name-of-language> sort json" for tips.

llawson
Not applicable

As Rob stated, the Canvas API does not allow sorting, however you can sort the output however you want depending on the scripting language used.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @barberb ‌...

I thought I would check in with you because it's been over a month since there's been any new activity in this particular discussion topic.  While I don't have an answer for you, did the above responses from  @RobDitto ‌ and llawson‌ help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance?  If you want, please go ahead and mark one of the above responses as "Correct" if you feel that it answers your question.  However, if you are still looking for help, post a message below so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you with this issue.  For now, because it's been quite a while without any new activity, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope this is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Ben.