cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Sorting events for Importing In year 2

When creating an Event title, we have used the topic for the lesson for the day.  Now that we are in year 2 of using Canvas, I went in to copy events from my template from last year into my live course for this year.  I did not want to input all of the events because I may not teach everything the same way as last year.

When I went to import selected content for my calendar, here is what I got. 

199491_pastedImage_0.png

The list was neither in chronological order nor in alphabetical order so sorting through all of them was not fun.  I went back and added a number to each of them or at least the first few to see if the system would sort them by number. Still no!

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get these sorted so that it is a bit easier on my future imports?

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​...

Apologies that your question has been sitting here unanswered for over a month.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure of an answer for you either, and you may have stumped the Canvas Community.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask about this before, so it might be a good idea to create a new feature (Canvas Feature Ideas) to suggest that events be listed in alphabetical order (or whatever order you think would be best for all Canvas users).  Please refer to this document when creating your Feature Idea: How do I create a new feature idea?

Hope this helps, Keeley!

Highlighted
Community Member

If there's a way to export the list, open in a spreadsheet editor, sort, then reimport into canvas, you might have a chance.

You also might want to add your two cents to this discussion here: 

Highlighted
Surveyor

We have this issue too. Did you create a Feature Idea or find a solution? We use ctrl + F to help us locate what we need, but it is very frustrating and time consuming.

Highlighted

I submitted it to be voted on, but have not heard much back. Glad to know that we are not alone.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu, it's been a while since we last heard from you. It does appear that the solution has to come from implementation of a feature idea; I searched for yours so that I could provide the link here, but could not find it. Would you take a moment to update the thread with the link to your feature idea submission, or let us know if you found a different way to resolve this? Again, since this doesn't sound like something the Community can help you solve, I'm going to mark this as Assumed Answered, but the topic remains open for additional participation, so feel free to keep posting. Thanks.