cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Space bar issue

Jump to solution

Quite recently I have been having an issue of using the space bar.  Sometimes it simply does not work in Canvas.

Then, I will backspace and delete what I wrote and it starts working again...but could just as easily stop.

This is not a problem with my keyboard (as you can see) and rebooting did not solve the problem.  

It is a frustrating bug because the issue is intermittent.  

I am using Chrome, so the issue may deal with the interaction between the browser and Canvas. 

Thanks,

FC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

venitk@uwec.edu, rogrant@nmsu.edu, and anyone else participating in this thread who has experienced this: Our agents are going through the tickets now and attaching them to the documentation our engineers have on the issue. If you believe your ticket was closed in error, please reply to the email thread for your case to have it reopened.

View solution in original post

68 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Did the same issue persist when using a different browser?

Highlighted
Community Member

It tends to happen after a cut and paste of text.

This never happened before, and I have always used Chrome.

Chrome is also one of the most common browsers and most secure.  I would not want to give it up.

FC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I've been having the same problem, on two different computers (both using Chrome, though). I haven't noticed anything about copy-and-paste playing a role. However, I do find that the space bar won't work in the Rich Context Editor, but if I switch to the HTML view then it works just fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So, I am not the only person.

Can we have some assurance that the canvas team is on this?

This is a HUGE issue. Likely it is affecting some of our students as well.

FC

0 Kudos
Highlighted

fcurry1@cccd.edu‌, if you haven't yet, please initiate a support ticket in accordance with the procedures set forth at your school so Canvas Support can look at the behavior you've described (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?). Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Member

I too am currently experiencing this issue. Reboot, Chrome. Rich Text. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Just got an email 10 minutes ago from a colleague in regards to Quizzes.Next and Essay questions for students. Happened a couple weeks ago where there was no ability to space between words and she did the Helpdesk ticket, but then got a list of 10 questions that would be impossible to answer or have the kids try since it happens intermittently and usually during an assessment. So it went unresolved. And we use Chromebooks so we are stuck with that browser. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm having the same problem with the rich text editor--no ability to type a space. It's happened multiple times over the past few months and I'm stuck on it right now in setting up a new discussion topic. Using Chrome. I'll submit a ticket, but doubt that they can reproduce the issue or help with it. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The problem keeps happening.  It is obviously something they changed on their end.

They have not been helpful.  They keep asking for a recording.  My text description of what happens is adequate and complete.  IT is not easy to keep capturing text while trying to do work, and if I did that might also present FERPA issues.

This is a MASSIVE problem.

0 Kudos
Labels