Space bar issue

Jump to solution
fcurry1
Community Contributor

Quite recently I have been having an issue of using the space bar.  Sometimes it simply does not work in Canvas.

Then, I will backspace and delete what I wrote and it starts working again...but could just as easily stop.

This is not a problem with my keyboard (as you can see) and rebooting did not solve the problem.  

It is a frustrating bug because the issue is intermittent.  

I am using Chrome, so the issue may deal with the interaction between the browser and Canvas. 

Thanks,

FC

7 Solutions
gunther
Community Contributor

Did the same issue persist when using a different browser?

View solution in original post

fcurry1
Community Contributor

It tends to happen after a cut and paste of text.

This never happened before, and I have always used Chrome.

Chrome is also one of the most common browsers and most secure.  I would not want to give it up.

FC

0 Likes
mark10
Community Explorer

I'm having the same problem with the rich text editor--no ability to type a space. It's happened multiple times over the past few months and I'm stuck on it right now in setting up a new discussion topic. Using Chrome. I'll submit a ticket, but doubt that they can reproduce the issue or help with it. Any advice?

0 Likes
fcurry1
Community Contributor

The problem keeps happening.  It is obviously something they changed on their end.

They have not been helpful.  They keep asking for a recording.  My text description of what happens is adequate and complete.  IT is not easy to keep capturing text while trying to do work, and if I did that might also present FERPA issues.

This is a MASSIVE problem.

0 Likes
akbaker
Community Novice

I'm not an instructor though... I just found this from Google. Is this page only for instructors?

0 Likes
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@venitk ,  @Robbie_Grant , and anyone else participating in this thread who has experienced this: Our agents are going through the tickets now and attaching them to the documentation our engineers have on the issue. If you believe your ticket was closed in error, please reply to the email thread for your case to have it reopened.

Here's my case number for the ticket I started at Clark College: Case #04558509

0 Likes