cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omar_ruvalcaba
Community Member

Speed Grader Commenting Tools Missing

Hi all,

So I'm having what seems to be a common issue but none of the solutions I found seem to apply to me. I created a paper submission assignment, it used turnitin.com, a PDF submission is required, and the students are assigned 2 peer reviews. I was able to comment using the speedgrader comment tools in this same assignment last semester. The only change is the 2 peer reviews I added. The assignment has a rubric, but this shouldn't impact the commenting tools.

So..

• I know it's not that the students uploaded the wrong type of file since I limited the submission type to .pdf
  • I tested Chrome and Safari and both show the same issue
  • I had no issues with the same assignment with commenting before, but did add the peer reviews 

Any suggestions? I need to finish grading this over the weekend and would hate to leave out in-text feedback.

351314_Napkin 4 06-18-20, 10.29.04 PM.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
omar_ruvalcaba
Community Member

It seems that one of the causes might be the peer review based on this thread Annotations ToolBar suddenly not appearing in SpeedGrader 

This is an issue based on a from 2 years ago. Any updates? Fixes? Work-a-rounds?

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Omar,

Check to see if the assignment is set for anonymous grading as part of the peer review. Anonymity will turn off the toolbar.

Erin