cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Speed Grader: Sending Comments and Marked-up Paper

Jump to solution

I'm using Speed Grader and I both make comments in the box on the right and mark-up the student's paper. I've read the instructions and looked at other questions on this topic. But it's not clear to me how I send both comments and marked-up paper to student. I've downloaded both--but how do I send them to student?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi gayle.gullett@asu.edu‌ - You do not have to send them out...which is good!  They, in fact, can retrieve them on their own once the assignment has been graded.  Fortunately, they are both covered in the following online student lessons:

Speaking from my own experience, I have documentation created for students that is linked on our IT's Support site that deals with this, and I strongly encourage our own faculty to either link to that site or to the two articles linked above, and I suggest you might do the same within your own site.

I hope this helps, Gayle!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi gayle.gullett@asu.edu‌ - You do not have to send them out...which is good!  They, in fact, can retrieve them on their own once the assignment has been graded.  Fortunately, they are both covered in the following online student lessons:

Speaking from my own experience, I have documentation created for students that is linked on our IT's Support site that deals with this, and I strongly encourage our own faculty to either link to that site or to the two articles linked above, and I suggest you might do the same within your own site.

I hope this helps, Gayle!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

I want the students to review each other's papers. I use SpeedGrader, so I don't have problems sending my feedback to students. I followed Peer Review, which allowed me to notify students which papers they should review and give them the means to turn in their reviews.  But, to give them copies of the papers, I downloaded all the papers and then emailed them to appropriate students.  But that seems much too cumbersome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi gayle.gullett@asu.edu 

Much too cumbersome, when Canvas already has a built-in Peer Review function that will not require you to download or hard-copy distribute in any way.

Learn more at.......

Enjoy!

Kelley