cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnunes
Community Member

Speed Grader comment notification

Jump to solution

Has anyone figured out how to get notifications if a student submits a comment in speed grader?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @cnunes ‌ - It depends on which comment you are referring to.  If it is a reply to a comment that a student left in the View Comments area as seen here: How do I view assignment comments from my instructor?  (the lower-right corner of Speedgrader in your view), then the answer is yes.  That is, however, a Notification preference that you set, as outlined here:  How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  You may want to download the PDF that is referenced towards the top of that document, as it goes into detail as to what each notification preference references.  To directly address this case, however, I can tell you that it is the Notification is called Submission Comment.

On the other hand, if you are you referencing a comment that a student left within the DocViewer in Speedgrader, as seen under the View Annotated Comments section of this document: How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Canvas DocViewer annotations?  (specifically number 2 on the screen capture), then so far as I know the answer is still "no" on that.  This was true under the older Crododoc file viewer and is still true with the new DocViewer. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @cnunes ‌ - It depends on which comment you are referring to.  If it is a reply to a comment that a student left in the View Comments area as seen here: How do I view assignment comments from my instructor?  (the lower-right corner of Speedgrader in your view), then the answer is yes.  That is, however, a Notification preference that you set, as outlined here:  How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  You may want to download the PDF that is referenced towards the top of that document, as it goes into detail as to what each notification preference references.  To directly address this case, however, I can tell you that it is the Notification is called Submission Comment.

On the other hand, if you are you referencing a comment that a student left within the DocViewer in Speedgrader, as seen under the View Annotated Comments section of this document: How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Canvas DocViewer annotations?  (specifically number 2 on the screen capture), then so far as I know the answer is still "no" on that.  This was true under the older Crododoc file viewer and is still true with the new DocViewer. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

cnunes
Community Member

Thank you,

Yes, the question was related to the annotations...Thank you for the answer, now I can let my student know that I will not know they said something to me! ;0

Charlene

--

Charlene Nunes, MA, CI, CT

American Sign Language Professor

San Joaquin Delta College

5151 Pacific Ave Box #240

Stockton, CA 95207

Phone: 209-954-5819-V/TTY (Voice-mail requires relay)

VP: 209-390-8718

Office: Shima 209

CNunes@DeltaCollege.edu