Speed Grader is loosing digital ink

wschilling
Community Member

I am attempting to grade assignments in speedgrader.  The workflow I want to use is as follows:

1. With the student's submission made, click on the digital ink icon (which looks like an ink pen).

2. Using the stylus on my tablet PC, mark up the submission with digital inkm including comments, arrows to show where mistakes are at, circles, etc.  All items are marked up using digital ink, as one would mark up a traditional paper submission.

3. Click on the assessment box and enter a score.

4. Click submit.

However, if I follow this workflow, when I click submit, the digital ink all disappears.  To make work, I have to add an additional overhead step, 2b, after I am done with marking up the document with digital ink, of clicking on the T icon for text, at which point the digital ink will be stored and then I can enter my grade.

This is a rather significant bug, as I have accidently forgotten to click several times (it's not natural to have to stop with digital inking), but if you do not turn of digital ink by clicking on an icon other than the pen, everything is lost.

0 Likes