Speed grader results for quizzes

Jump to solution
mebonn2
Community Member

Can students view correct and incorrect quiz answers in speedgrader after they have taken the assessment?  I have set up my quizzes to use respondus and web browser lock down during exams/quizzes, and I restrict results to only show the percentage correct.  I do not allow students to review the questions because Web browser lockdown and Respondus don't monitor that, and that would compromise the integrity of the questions.  But when I was regrading a quiz item today, I clicked on Speedgrader and was able to see every item the student answered.  When I looked in student view, there is no way to see an actual student's grades.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @mebonn2 

SpeedGrader is a feature that is not available to students, and they don't even see a link for it. Check out the video SpeedGrader Overview for Instructors.

Also, when in Student View, you are acting as a pseudo-student called Test Student. Besides being a great tool for seeing what is and is not available for students, it actually lets you attempt quizzes, submit assignments and participate in Discussion as the "Test Student". Unless you had actually attempted the quiz as the Test Student, then you would not see any results for the Test Student.

There is a set of short videos for instructors that you might want to check out, since it appears your school has provided you with very little training. Instructor Videos

For a more in-depth understanding of Canvas, please check out the Knowledge link above: Go to Canvas, then to the Instructor Guide.

You are, of course, always welcome to come into this Community Question Forum where there are so many helpful people ready to answer your questions.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post