cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer III

Speedgrader Jumping Around while Annotating

Jump to solution

Has anyone experienced an issue or is anyone currently experiencing an issue with SpeedGrader jumping around on the page while trying to comment or annotate on a submitted document?  It was working fine during the previous semesters.  All of the reports that I have been receiving from faculty members is that it is occurring while using the Chrome browser.  It does not appear to be happening with Firefox.  To the best of my knowledge, all of the user's have the most recent version of Chrome.  All users are on PCs.  I saw a similar question to this posed in August of 2018 but the result was to submit a support ticket.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

I have a teacher reporting the same thing.  Earlier this month others were told to reinstall the Canvas teacher app.  Don't know if that works, but that's what I'm going to recommend.  

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

I have a teacher reporting the same thing.  Earlier this month others were told to reinstall the Canvas teacher app.  Don't know if that works, but that's what I'm going to recommend.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The instructors reporting the issue are not using the teacher app.  All reports are coming from computer users.

Highlighted

This is still happening on Chrome Vr. 86. Since it's happening on desktop computers, there is no app to uninstall.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I am experiencing this right now and have experienced it in the past as well. This is when grading on a computer (not a phone or tablet), running Windows 10, Chrome version 85.

It is very frustrating and disruptive.

Highlighted
Explorer III

Yes, it is.  I am still waiting a response from Canvas Support regarding this issue.  The instructor is still reporting that when using Firefox that the problem is not present but is while using Chrome.  I suspect that Chrome provided an update that broke something.  I would encourage you to reach out to support.  The more of us that report this issue, perhaps the faster it will be resolved.

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have teachers reporting this same issue. Will submit a ticket about this as well. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same thing happening. Any response from Canvas on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer III

Negative on the response.  For some reason my request with them was inadvertently closed.  I am going to reopen it and try again.  According to the instructor, it is still happening through Chrome.