Speedgrader changes

Jump to solution
dbrencze
Community Member

I have used Speedgrader for seven years, and the changes that have occurred are not an improvement. For example:

1. there was a time when the filled out rubric would automatically post the grade in the grade box--not anymore.
  2. Once, Speedgrader would change a points value to a percentage automatically if that was the grade preference. Now I need to convert a 30 pt assignment to the percentage myself. So, if I entered 23 it would automatically assign it 77%
  3. and now for some reason, every time I select an editing tool, it jumps to the end of the document making me search for the section I was editing. What has happened?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi - 

I'm sorry you are experiencing these frustrations.

1. There is a little box on the rubric that needs to be checked in order for the rubric to automatically tally the score. Double-check that the "use rubric for assignment grading" option is enabled. How do I add a rubric to an assignment? 

2. This score display is an option in Assignments, and you can adjust it to show a variety of things including points, letter grade, percentage, GPA, and complete/incomplete. How do I add or edit details in an assignment? 

3. Unfortunately, I'm not sure why the jump is happening. Are you working with an updated browser? What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?  If you are, I would reach out to your local Canvas Support team and see if they can help! How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

View solution in original post