cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_beaumont
Community Member

Speedgrader reports

We are looking to use the Speedgrader for ongoing reporting to replace traditional Semester Reports for parents. Are there any teachers/schools out there that have gone down this path? I'd love to hear from you.

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@s_beaumont , could you explain a bit more about what information from speedgrader you're hoping to capture and turn into a report? Regardless, this isn't a built in Canvas feature and would need to be done on the back-end of things. Because of this I'm going to share this with the Canvas Developers​ group in the Community to see if they can help.

s_beaumont
Community Member

Hi Kona,

We are intending to move away from semester reports, and use ongoing reporting and feedback on all assessment items using the Speedgrader. I was merely asking if there were any other schools currently doing this.

Also – at the end of each year we would like to know what ‘reports’ can be generated to show a parent/student their performance at the end of the year.

Regards,

Simon Beaumont | Regional Principal |Glenvale School

Mob: 0448 302 359

Tel +61 3 9355 0785 Fax +61 3 9359 9769 Email s.beaumont@glenvaleschool.vic.edu.au<mailto:s.beaumont@glenvaleschool.vic.edu.au>

Glenvale School Legal Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the

Intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received

this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the document.

s_beaumont
Community Member

Hi
Kona,

We are intending to move away from
semester reports, and use ongoing reporting and feedback on all assessment
items using the Speedgrader. I was merely asking if there were any other
schools currently doing this.

Also – at the end of each year we
would like to know what ‘reports’ can be generated to show a parent/student
their performance at the end of the year.

I guess I'm still confused by the specific information (data) you want to get from Speedgrader. Speedgrader is a way to grade assignments and I've never heard of anyone trying to get information out of it except maybe the grading comments or the uploaded files - because there really isn't anything there - it's just a way to grade quickly and easily. Are you looking for grade information? When assignments were turned in? If assignments were turned in late?

Also because this sounds like a K12 question, I'm going to share this with the K-12​ group in the Community to see if they can help!

Hi! 

I'm writing on behalf of a department that ensures that our teachers feedback are great. Particularly, I wanted to know if there's a way to download a report that states whether there's use of multimedia (videos or audio), rubrics or written text within a text submission.

We have asked our professors to use multimedia feedback, for our kids prefer it over text feedback. 

Is there a way to do the latter?