Staff and Parent observer pairing codes

Jump to solution
EmployeeANDmom
Community Member

Dear Canvas HELP:

I am both a STAFF member and a PARENT and I need help signing up as an observer for my two students in the same district.  We are at 3 different campuses (Elementary, MS, and HS), but are all in the same district.  They were able to send me pairing codes, and I see how to create a parent account - however, I already have one because I am staff and the system says I can not use my email as it is already in use.  Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @EmployeeANDmom - I'm sorry that your question has gone unanswered for so long! Another Canvas Community Coach shared this question with me just today. I hope that you have since been able to connect with your local Canvas Administrator or Support, as they know how to do this too.

This is something that has been asked frequently. While there are benefits to linking the account you use for teaching with an Observer role, there are some great reasons to keep them separate. Since the workaround can be used by other roles and encourage cheating, I'll send you a direct message.

I hope your school year is going well. 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes