Start a New Course??

Jump to solution
KerryFox
Community Member

I am learning how to use Canvas.  I'm using a Youtube tutorial and the first step is, from my Dashboard, select "Start a New Course" from the right hand side options.  This does NOT exist in my Dashboard!  What?!

The only option that I have to click on is "View Grades."  Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

Not all institutions support this feature. Check with your local institution if you need a course to teach.
(Canvas is the same across supported institutions, but some choose not to allow manual course creation.)

For Free-For-Teachers, as of December 2019, Instructure changed the course settings in FFT so that where you used to be able to set a course from private to the public there is now a message directing you to file a help ticket, requesting that your course be made public. In return, you can start a new course right after creating an account; you no longer need to earn the right to create courses.

(I forgot how FFT works back to 2015 when rankings were introduced in Season 2 of Canvas Community (Jive). Do we have to reach a certain rank in the Community to earn the right to create courses in FFT?)

View solution in original post