cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grahf
Surveyor

Stop The Endless Student Tour

Every time I go to canvas I'm greeted with a pop up asking me to take the student tour.  I click it away.  Another pop up pops up that I just click away since I never asked to see another pop up.  I've done this about 50 times so that's about 100 pop ups.  I've also taken the tour a few times. 

Now how do you stop it from being so obnoxious and putting pop ups on my screen?

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Greetings! Sorry this setting has been annoying you! I checked the following guide - How do I use the Canvas Welcome Tour as a student? - and it states that "Dismissing the tour (clicking Not now or clicking the X in the upper right corner) will disable the tour for your account." I take this to mean that it won't keep popping up. If you've tried this and it's still happening, then I would report the issue to Canvas Support. To do this, click the Help link in Canvas and "Report a Problem."

Hope this helps! Kona

I've only clicked the X about 500 times

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Grahf ...

In addition to what @kona shared, it looks like Canvas administrators at your school could also disable the "Product Tours" Feature Option at the Canvas account level.  This would be a discussion that you would want to have with local Canvas administrators at your school...such as folks in your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  Here is a Guide that your Canvas administrator would use to enable/disable that particular feature: What feature options are currently available for a... - Canvas Community.

I hope this extra information will be of help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks.  Take care, and be well.