cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Storyline 360 Content Not loading Properly

Jump to solution

I am uploading Storyline 360 files to Canvas. Most upload fine (I publish for WEB, HTML5, and zip the file. I create a folder in the FILES section of Canvas and upload, expanding the zip file. I then link the story.html file to a Canvas module), but the latest one uploaded and then shows like this. The font is off, the screen is dark, it's not working. Any ideas? Is it using Flash? 

VictoriaN_0-1598892133692.png

25 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

I contacted Articulate Support and Canvas Support and here is what they had to say:

Articulate Support: "As much as I would like to provide assistance with the troubleshooting but, we don't support troubleshooting issues if it is only happening on a 3rd party's environment."

Canvas Support: "Since Storyline is a third-party product we unfortunately are not able to provide direct support for the content but you may want to try re-uploading the presentation that is not displaying properly to make sure that the appropriate files are in the course. "

This leaves us as the consumers without a solution, and without any indication that a solution is being worked on. Articulate and Canvas are among the most popular providers of their respective services, and users NEED the two to work together. Frankly I am baffled that neither party is interested in making this work.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Just a quick update...  This past Friday we asked our Instructure CSM (Customer Success Manager) to turn on the SCORM LTI in our Canvas environment.  (I guess this is different than the SCORM Cloud LTI that is listed on the EduAppCenter.)  Once our CSM turned on SCORM, these are the steps we followed: 

1. Export Articulate Storyline content to SCORM / HTML5.  This should be exported to a *.zip file.
  2. Enable the SCORM course navigation button in a course.
  3. Click on the SCORM course navigation button on the left side of your screen after it has been enabled.
  4. Click on the Upload button at the top right corner of the SCORM screen.  Choose the *.zip file that you exported in Step #1.
  5. When given an option, select the Ungraded assignment option to export into the course.  This should place the Articulate Storyline content on the Assignments page of the course.
  6. Click on the Assignments page, and then the name of the Articulate Storyline content to view it.  Hopefully it will work as expected.

Hope this will be of some help to others.  Fingers crossed!  🤞

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @chofer ! The same problem occurred in my work account yesterday, and the person in charge of the platform said that the procedure you outlined above had been their procedure for Storyline files. I did it, and it worked! In my free account, I'm still using the cloud platform solution. 

Highlighted

So how do i get a Scorm into a module page as Content...not as assignment???

Kind regards,

Math

Highlighted

@mathnot ...

I don't have tons of experience with SCORM, but I'm not sure the option I've describe above allows for that kind of content to only be displayed on a page and not an assignment.  If you make the assignment non-graded, that's probably your best option.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

I make mine a zero point assignment. I can't find a way to make them appear as content using the SCORM method...just happy they show up and work!

For my volunteer work, I link from my google cloud account, so they show up as a link, not an assignment.