Struggling Readers Course

Jump to solution
husseinqutb
Community Novice

Hi! I want to log onto Module 1 in my course, but I can't. The due date is tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hello  @husseinqutb  and welcome to the Community!  It sounds like you are able to log in to Canvas and access your class ok, but you can't access Module 1, is this correct?  If so there are a couple of things you could try.  First, it never hurts to check that your computer and web browser meets the minimum recommendation (see What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? and Which browsers does Canvas support?).  I also suggest that if someone runs into a problem that they try access Canvas in a couple of different browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox.  For some reason, sometimes a problem exists in one browser which doesn't in another.  

Beyond this, if the Modules tab is visible and you can access this, you could check to see if there are any pre-requisites set to accessing Module 1.  Here is an image from one of my classes where to access Module 1, students must complete the Module called "Pre-course/General Course Information".  If you see something like this, then it may explain why you cannot access Module 1.  Modules can also be locked until a particular date, but it would be unlikely this is the case if it is due tomorrow.

326646_pastedImage_4.png

Beyond this, your best option is probably to contact Canvas Support (see How do I get help with Canvas as a student?).  Someone with Support could look at your actual course and see what may be causing the problem.  

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post