cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Student Learning Outcomes Assessment

Jump to solution

Does anyone out there use Canvas outcomes for both grading assignments and reporting of Institutional Student Learning Outcomes Assessments?  We're having a hard time figuring out how to do both since only one rubric can be tied to an assignment.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jon Lenrow

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

For us we ran into the same issue so we set up a separate course for college wide student learning outcomes. Instructors have to go in and submit a selection of their students assignments to this course and then they are reviewed by a committee. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

For us we ran into the same issue so we set up a separate course for college wide student learning outcomes. Instructors have to go in and submit a selection of their students assignments to this course and then they are reviewed by a committee. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Kona,

Do the students see the separate course or is this hidden from them? Do you have the committee review the assignments in Canvas? Do you use moderated grading. Please explain the process.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, jlenrow@peirce.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community website, and I stumbled upon your question.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 13, 2017.  It looks like kona@richland.edu‌ has given you a bit of feedback.  Have you had an opportunity to review her response?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with this question?  If you feel that Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark her response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread to provide an update so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost four months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alight with you, Jon.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Highlighted

Sorry Chris.  I didn't realize that I need to mark kona@richland.edu‌ reply "correct".  I have now done so.  

Highlighted
Surveyor

It looks as if the expectation is that ILO's do not enter Canvas and mingle with SLO's.

The alignment and translation of one set of numbers into another has to be a separate process.

The needed functionality would be: aligning one set of outcomes with another such that a certain score on a certain outcome automatically created another value on another scale.

0 Kudos
Labels