Student Rank

Jump to solution
khahn1
Community Participant

Our previous LMS would tell students where they ranked compared to all students in the course, and I would like to enable this in Canvas. I'm not looking to share scores in any way, simply a number, so students understand where they stand and perform out of all students in the course. It was beneficial in circumstances where students would claim "everyone is failing" when they underperformed on an exam. I had a way to show students not everyone is failing without sharing any other student information; they were struggling with the material more than most have a rank that is 86/90, for example. Ranks are especially helpful when explaining they should visit office hours for more help, attend tutoring offered, or spend more time studying the materials. Does Canvas have a way to display a student's overall rank in the course?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @khahn1 ...

To my knowledge, this type of feature does not exist in Canvas.  It might be a good idea for you to submit this as a new Feature Idea here in the Community so that others can evaluate it to see if it is something they would also like to see implemented by Instructure.  To start a new Feature Idea, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of any page here in the Community, and then select IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, select the "Suggest an idea" button.  Here are a few other Guides to read through that will help you along the way:

I know this might not be to answer you were looking for, but I hope it's helped to answer your question.  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post