Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Student Registration Information in FFT Accounts

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm using an FFT account and have allowed self enrollment, but I can't see students' private emails. How can I see their registration information and send notifications to personal emails (not only Canvas emails)?

Thanks a lot.scottd@instructure.comamara.mastronardi 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Hello and welcome to the Community!

As a teacher, when you click into the People listing in your course you will see the Login IDs of all participants.  For Free for Teachers users the Login ID is the email address they used to sign up for FFT.

course roster view

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Hello and welcome to the Community!

As a teacher, when you click into the People listing in your course you will see the Login IDs of all participants.  For Free for Teachers users the Login ID is the email address they used to sign up for FFT.

course roster view

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

scottd@instructure.com‌ Thanks a million for your prompt response, Scott. In my dashboard, I only see a user name like the "scottd" example in your screenshot not the real emails. I tried enrolling myself as a student and I was asked to write my email, yet I can't see where that information is stored and how I can access it. Thanks again for your great support.

Highlighted
Adventurer III

Hi Again,

Yes, very odd.  When I log into FFT via an account with a teacher role I see the full email addresses in my course roster.  When I preview FFT as your account I see the same thing you do.  I looked through course and sub-account settings and I can't figure it out.

By the way, per the Community Guidelines, you really should "be you" aka identify yourself with a first and last name - just FYI.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks a lot. I edited my profile.  Is there any way to export that information or change the registration settings. Would it help if I copy the course and invite students to the new course?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

No problem, Mayy.  I wish I could offer you a solution.  The one difference I can think of is that when I originally added the students to my course, I did it by email invitation vs sharing an enrollment link with the students.  I hope to have time to test that difference this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

det.preparation@gmail.com

OK, this morning I created a new course while logged in with the account I typically use for teacher testing (all my test accounts are gmail based).  I enabled the option to enroll via secret url.  I then 'gave' the url to another test account who used it to enroll in the course as a student.  When I go to the people tab in the course while logged in as the teacher I see the student's email listed as the login ID.  Sorry, but I am really stumped here....

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks a million, Scott. You've been amazingly supportive. I copied the course yesterday and enrolled a test student, but the problem persisted. Probably I will have to start a new account on Canvas and build the course again??? By all means, I'm very satisfied with Canvas FFT LMS. I'm now enrolling students manually or asking them to fill out a registration form before enrollment. Thanks again for your great support. Have a wonderful weekend! 

Highlighted
Adventurer III

Ah, great minds think alike... I was going to suggest you use an enrollment request form and then do enrollments via email invitation.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks a lot for trying to find solutions for my problem. That's very kind of you.

Labels