cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexis_medina2
Community Member

Student access to materials

I have a student that is unable to access the course materials on Canvas. Every time the student attempts to access the material she is forced to log in endlessly. Does anyone have a solution to this?

3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello  @alexis_medina2 ,

The first thing I would suspect would be a cache issue in the student's browser.  Do you know if the student has tried clearing cache and cookies?  If that doesn't cure the problem they should try logging in via a different web browser or computer to see if they can isolate the problem to the browser or the machine.  I would also check to make sure there isn't a problem with the authentication method if you are using an external authentication method.

Thanks,

Scott

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alexis_medina2 ,

Are you using the Free-for-Teacher version of Canvas or the paid-for version?  If it is FFT then I would recommend clicking on Help > Report a problem and opening a trouble ticket with Instructure Support.  They should be able to get in and take a look at the student's account.  If you are using the paid-for version, I would recommend contacting your Canvas Administrator.

Robbie

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alexis_medina2 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie