cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garciah
Community Member

Student ePortfolio Limit?

Jump to solution

I couldn't find this answer in the community already, but I do apologize if this is a duplicate question:

Is there a limit to the number of ePortfolios a student can create? I have multiple faculty interested in having students submit ePortfolio projects, and I just want to make sure there isn't a limitation on how many ePortfolios each student can have.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agooch
Instructure
Instructure

HI Heather,

I don't know of any limit to the actual number of ePortfolios a student can create in Canvas. The issue could come with the student storage limit of 50mb. If the portfolio contains images or even videos, that space could fill up pretty quickly. If the portfolio contains assignments they have submitted throughout the length of the course, however, those items should not count against the storage limit.

Another option to consider, if students have large files to include with their ePortfolio, an online portfolio may be a good option. I don't know of many different options, but have heard of a couple people using www.strikinly.com. You could check it out if you feel like the storage limit would become an issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
agooch
Instructure
Instructure

HI Heather,

I don't know of any limit to the actual number of ePortfolios a student can create in Canvas. The issue could come with the student storage limit of 50mb. If the portfolio contains images or even videos, that space could fill up pretty quickly. If the portfolio contains assignments they have submitted throughout the length of the course, however, those items should not count against the storage limit.

Another option to consider, if students have large files to include with their ePortfolio, an online portfolio may be a good option. I don't know of many different options, but have heard of a couple people using www.strikinly.com. You could check it out if you feel like the storage limit would become an issue.

View solution in original post

garciah
Community Member

Thanks Andrew! I appreciate the info and advice!