cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizruggieri
Community Member

Student notification for Instructor comment in Gradebook

Jump to solution

Is there a way for students to see the instructors comment made in Gradebook via their email or other notification in Canvas? None of my students have seen my comments on their submissions because they do not check Gradebook often. Basically, instead of them having to go into Gradebook, then click on the assignment to see my comments, is there a notification they can receive or can the comment be copied somehow to their inbox?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lizruggieri  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Yes, each student can set their own notification settings so that they would get a copy of your SpeedGrader comments via e-mail.  If they follow the instructions in this Guide, How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?, they would want to look at the row for "Submission Comment" (assignment submission comment) and set how frequently they want to be notified.  If they want to add other ways to be notified, they can follow the instructions outlined in these Guides:

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student? 

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10591-4212710337 

For each contact method that a student adds to his/her profile, there will be a corresponding column back on the "Notifications" screen.

Hope this helps, Elizabeth.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lizruggieri  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Yes, each student can set their own notification settings so that they would get a copy of your SpeedGrader comments via e-mail.  If they follow the instructions in this Guide, How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?, they would want to look at the row for "Submission Comment" (assignment submission comment) and set how frequently they want to be notified.  If they want to add other ways to be notified, they can follow the instructions outlined in these Guides:

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as a student? 

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as a student? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10591-4212710337 

For each contact method that a student adds to his/her profile, there will be a corresponding column back on the "Notifications" screen.

Hope this helps, Elizabeth.

View solution in original post