cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbm
Surveyor II

Student view for Lecture Capture (Echo 360)

The student view comes up blank after clicking on Lecture Capture.

see below:

jbm_0-1614568605270.png

This is not good because I cannot understand which lectures are visible and which ones are not.  I had a problem because videos I thought were invisible to students because I set an available date, turned up visible.  This caused some disruption

I would like to create a "dummy" student account so I can view Lecture Capture as students see it

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @jbm ...

Full disclosure...I've never used the Echo 360 LTI external app before, so I won't be able to answer specific questions about that.  From your posting, however, it sounds as though you are trying to test out the functionality using the Student View/Test Student within your course.  How do I view a course as a test student using Stu... - Canvas Community  Is this correct?  If that is the case, the Test Student role does not have an e-mail address associated with it, and so I can see why you would be getting that error screen...because it's trying to find an e-mail address to authenticate into the Echo 360 interface.  The best advice I can give you is to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they would be willing to create a "dummy" student account for you in your course that you could use to test out Echo 360.  Hopefully they would be willing to do that for you.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Good luck!  Take care...be well.

jbm
Surveyor II

Just following up with the solution that worked.  The external user tool (below) allowed me to add my gmail address as a student, so I can see how students see it now.

jbm_0-1616991338674.png